CASEY CAVALIERS TRYOUTS
Important Information: All Participants MUST Read
There are 2 phases of tryouts for the Junior Cavalier tryouts. Please ensure that you register for the appropriate phase.
Due to current Victorian Government restrictions, dates, times and locations for all tryouts are yet to be finalised.
This information will be updated as soon as possible and once finalised, will be emailed to all registered participants.
U12: Born 2011/12/13
U14: Born 2009/10
U16: Born 2007/08
U18: Born 2005/06
U20: Born 2003/04
Phase 1 – Pre Rep Tryouts
Phase 1 tryouts are only for domestic level athletes who are looking to join the Junior Cavaliers for the first time.
You MUST be currently playing domestic basketball to participate in the tryouts.
If you have never played representative basketball for any club before, you MUST register and attend these tryouts.
Participants who are successful in Phase 1, will proceed to Phase 2 tryouts.
NOTE: There is no phase 1 for U20 athletes. All U20 athletes are to register straight to phase 2.
Phase 2 – Junior Cavalier Tryouts
NOTE: DO NOT register for phase 2 if you are classified as a phase 1 athlete.
Phase 2 tryouts are for current representative athletes from any club.
If you are coming from another club, you must speak to your current club to organise a permission to train prior to trials.
NOTE: If you are unsure which phase to register to, please contact email@example.com
- Players are required to arrive 30 minutes before commencement of their try out session for registration.
- Dependant on Victorian Government restrictions, this may be reduced to 10 minutes.
- Each player is required to bring a basketball, dark and light (or reversible) singlet and a drink bottle.
- Please consider Championship Basketball is Representative Basketball, therefore commitment on behalf of both the players and parents is required.
- The Victorian Government may impose additional restrictions on indoor community sport. If any of these affect the tryout process, they will be communicated to you via email.
- No fees are only required to be paid if you are selected into a team.
General Information for 2021-22 VJBL season
- Games are on Friday Nights throughout Melbourne.
- Training will take place twice per week and is generally once on a Sunday and once midweek.
- There is 1 compulsory tournament: the South Eastern Junior Basketball Tournament on the Labour Day weekend in March.
Should you have any further enquiries please email firstname.lastname@example.org